From stack rings to multi-strand necklaces, an emerging trend for jewelry is layering: anything and everything goes, as long as you wear more than one. The good news about this trend is that you can combine one or two (or more) older pieces you already own with something new and noteworthy and you’ll be all set and fashion-forward for your next Instagram shot.
But first, 5 tips for successful jewelry stacking:
- #1 – Choose a dominant color for your combos: for instance, all gold, or all silver, or all one color of gemstone in any metal.
- #2 – Mix up the textures and finishes: shiny with matte metal, or patinated with satin-finish metals. Same for stones: cabochons with rose cuts, or sandblasted glass with sparkle.
- #3 – Mirror check those necklaces – pendants will form a V-shape, but shorter, wider statement chains will fall in a gentle curve near your collarbone. Make sure you are creating the desired effect with your chosen pieces in terms of length and how the pieces lay.
- #4 – Rings are perfect for stacking – as long as any gemstone settings lay above the row of bands, and the bands also remain parallel to each other on the finger. Open and close your fist to test that stack of sparklies for their comfort and position.
- #5 – Know when to stop – nobody wants to look like a costume jewelry clearance rack, so err on the side of fewer, better pieces that look terrific together, and only stack one type of jewelry at a time!
Here are some great new pieces to get your layering collection started:
Shop the collection:
• Diamond Stack Band by National Gold & Diamond Center, Inc.
• 18K Sapphire Ring by National Gold & Diamond Center, Inc.
• Amber Squares necklace by Amber Seaside
• 14K Bar Necklace by Blue Sapphire Stones
• Amethyst & Diamond 14K Mesh Necklace by National Gold & Diamond Center, Inc.